Position: Business Analyst, Grameen Foundation India (GFI)
Location: Gurgaon , National Capital Region
Date of Joining: June 2017
Established in 2010, Grameen Foundation India (GFI) is a wholly owned subsidiary of Grameen Foundation. Our mission is to enable the poor, especially women, to create a world without poverty and hunger. We provide strategic and technical expertise to leading social enterprises, financial services providers and technology providers to extend financial services and information to underserved communities, especially women. Our focus is on developing technology-enabled solutions to drive access and usage of a range of financial services. Our institutional partners include commercial banks, mobile network operators, microfinance institutions, healthcare providers and others. Together, we create solutions that help poor people to generate income, build assets, strengthen their resilience and manage risk. For more information, please visit- www.grameenfoundation.in
Job Summary: The Business Analyst will be a member of the Finance and Accounts team at GFI. The individual will be the custodian of GF India’s financial budgets, provide insights to management and board through financial analysis and provide direct oversight to the finance and accounts function at GFI.
The Business Analyst will support the finance, business development, and operations of GFI and perform strategic analysis to enable long-term success of programs and analyze performance data and propose changes in operations to optimize efficiency and attain program goals. The Business Analyst will participate in the creation of program budgets, support the program teams to track expenditures against budgets, prepare invoices and reports for funding organizations, assist in the preparation of speaking engagements, strategic meetings and presentations for funders and partners. In addition, the individual will create the annual budgets including budgets for the support functions and will monitor the budget vs the actuals.
The Business Analyst will work closely with the CEO to provide strategic inputs on the financial status at the country and program level. The individual will also create dashboards through financial analysis to meaningfully inform the board of the financial status and ratios. The Business Analyst will provide oversight to the finance operations at GFI and will work closely with finance consultants, internal auditors and statutory auditors to meet the compliance deadlines.
This individual will work closely with the GF Philippines team and GF US team to support share knowledge, best practices, and implement process and standards to improve the execution of the areas he/she is supporting and benefit the operations of broader programmatic activities of Grameen Foundation and GFI. The Business Analyst will also support all of these job functions for GFI’s subsidiary Section 8 company GFSI.
Reporting: The Business Analyst will report jointly to the CEO, Grameen Foundation India and Senior Business Analyst, Grameen Foundation U.S.A
Availability: The Business Analyst will be expected to work a standard 40-hour workweek plus additional hours as necessary to get the job done.
Essential Job Functions
The Business Analyst will be responsible for:
• Developing business and financial models to analyze the sustainability and/or commercial viability of GFI products, services and operations.
• Management of program budgets, including budget creation, tracking, analysis, and reporting
• Preparing concise summaries of budgets and financial status for GFI management and board including findings to inform decision-making.
• Proactively coordinate and communicate with Finance, Development and program staff to ensure all grants and awards stay within budget.
• Work closely with Finance Grants Compliance Officer at Grameen Foundation to ensure overall compliance with terms and conditions of key large grants and awards
• Preparing annual budget and mid-year financial reviews
• Working with program and virtual teams to derive and analyze program and operational performance metrics, reporting results across GFI programs
• Working closely with GF Finance department to ensure timely, accurate and relevant information is available to program and regional teams.
• Support strategic communications and prepare donor presentations as needed.
• Provide oversight to finance and accounts operations at GFI
• Coordinate with finance and accounts officer, internal auditors and statutory auditors for statutory compliances
• Performing other duties as assigned
Required Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and core values
• Deep commitment to eradication of poverty and alignment with GFI mission
• Strong business, financial and analytical skills and a great problem solver
• Strategic thinking with the ability to recognize linkages across multiple program initiatives
• Ability to effectively communicate with other staff members and work in a highly-distributed work environment across multiple time zones, different cultures, and varied skill levels
• Tact and discretion to handle sensitive subjects
• Self-motivated, agile thinker with ability to juggle multiple priorities
• Advanced Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint skills
• Strong time management skills and ability to manage various projects
• Knowledge of the principles and practices of not-for-profit accounting is a strong plus, including direct responsibility managing large restricted grants
Education and Experience
• Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, International Development, or related field. Advanced degree preferred
• Approx 7 to 10 years of international development and/or business experience, with at least a couple of years in financial analysis and modeling
• Fluency in English required
How to apply Please send a cover letter and resume (not more than 2 pages) to email@example.com explaining your motivations for applying for the position, what makes you the best candidate for this position and relevant experiences and achievements. Please also provide the earliest date on which you may be available to take up this position and details of your current and expected salary. Interviews will take place in the last week of May.