Position Title: Associate Director – Institutional Fund Raising
Status: Full-Time Employee
Starting Date: July 2017
Grameen Foundation India (GFI) is a wholly owned subsidiary of Grameen Foundation USA and has been set up with the primary purpose of using microfinance and technology solutions to “enable the poor, especially the poorest, to create a world without poverty.” GFI provides several products and services in areas of technology, human resources management, social performance management and developing sustainable business models to social enterprises in India.
Job Summary: GFI is a growing organization that seeks to push the boundaries on delivery of financial services and health services to the poor in India. This position is a key managerial position that has potential to significantly impact the organization’s future growth and strategy. The Associate Director- Institutional Fund Raising will primarily be responsible for independently securing financial resources through philanthropic funding, CSR & paid clients in line with GFI’s annual plans and long-term global strategy. In addition, this position will also perform these roles for GFI’s subsidiary, a Section 8 Company “GFSI”.
Reporting and relationships: The position will report directly to the CEO and maintain close liaison with the global institutional relations team, all program teams and marketing and communications team. The position will be based at Gurgaon, India. This position will need to be flexible to work across different time zones. This position will require at least 10% travel within India, and periodic travel to other countries as needed.
Essential Job Functions
• Meet annual funding goals and preparing appropriate funding pipeline for long-term GFI strategy using a combination of donors (domestic and international), Corporate CSR funders and paid clients.
• Act as the primary point of contact for key institutional donors, build relationships, manage deliverables (like proposals, concept notes and donor reports)
• Take primary responsibility for writing concept notes, proposals, budgets and work plans and presentations related to opportunities under $250,000 (approx. INR 16 million)
• Work closely with the global Institutional Relations team to write & coordinate concept notes, presentations and proposals for proposals above $ 250,000 (approx. INR 16 million)
• Work closely with the project teams to develop a deep understanding of the projects and technical expertise that GFI delivers to represent GFI’s work more effectively
• Develop and manage client relationships and ensure internal organizational records are updated, stay abreast of business opportunities and industry trends
• Ensure all legal contracts and documentation are in place with donors and paid clients
• Represent GFI in public forums
• Provide inputs to Knowledge Manager/Marketing Team for sharing with internal and external stakeholders CIN: U65900HR2010FTC045590
Education and Experience
• A Master’s degree, preferably an MBA in Sales/Marketing, Rural Development, Forest Management
• Business development/fundraising/sales experience in diverse industries
• Overall 8 to 12 years’ experience, out of which at least 3 years should have been in relevant positions.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
• Deep commitment to eradication of poverty and alignment with Grameen Foundation’s mission
• Experience of independent fund-raising in the development/financial inclusion sector with a strong and visible track record of raising funding
• Strong networking and existing professional relationships with CSR heads, large corporates, foundations, especially in banking/financial sector will be preferred
• Experience in writing fundraising proposals with appropriate narrative and budget. Knowledge and experience of using tools like Log frames for proposal development and management
• Experience in microfinance/financial inclusion / digital payments or banking is strongly preferred
• Ability to build relationships & service clients well, maintaining highest professional standards & quality
• Strong business acumen and understanding of business issues across multiple focus sectors
• Excellent communication skills; ability to explain complex concepts in simple language; ability to communicate with all levels of management and staff; ability to display a range of communication approaches for diverse community needs
• Exceptional writing skills, deep listening skill
• Ability to quickly prioritize jobs under pressure, anticipate the changing needs of clients. Learning and knowledge sharing skills
• Has deep knowledge of Microsoft office products (excel, PowerPoint, word, etc.)
• Ability to work with diverse teams in different locations/time zones to work on a concept note/proposal and submit to the client/ donor under strict deadlines
• Ability to adapt to a constantly changing and growing business environment
• Successful candidates for this position will be highly articulate, energetic and carry a positive attitude.
• Ability to collaborate with team members from different backgrounds and institutions and lead and contribute to project teams that keeps them effective on track.
• Understanding of the fast-changing financial inclusion/development sector and the ability to adjust to donor preferences and priorities
• Scout for opportunities on the different donor portals, such as Devex and NGOBox, screen them for relevance to us, share relevant opportunities with team and provide backstopping for development and submission of the concept note/proposal as per donor guidelines.
Additional Comment: The above job description is not intended as, nor should it be construed as, exhaustive of all responsibilities, skills, efforts, or working conditions associated with this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made in appropriate circumstances to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this job.
Interested candidates may apply by email to email@example.com with Associate Director- Institutional Fund Raising in the subject line. Please include a cover letter and CV (not more than 3 pages in all), indicating your motivation to apply for this position and why you think you are the most suitable candidate for the position. Please mention the earliest date when you can join us along with your current and expected salary details.